The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force on the 25th May 2018.
The following will apply to schools and their data as part of GDPR:
1. Personal data must be fairly and lawfully processed.
2. Accuracy – Personal data must be accurate and kept up to date.
3. Security – Personal data should be kept secure in terms of encryption and accessibility.
4. Keep data for no longer than is necessary.
5. Individuals rights – right of access to information, right to rectification.
6. Information is only shared with those who need it.
The school has ratified the following Privacy Notice for Wexford Educate Together National School.
Multi-denominational – children of all denominations and none are equally welcome into our school.
Co-educational – Educate Together schools are open to girls and boys and gender stereotyping is addressed and challenged.
Child-centred – this applies not only to teaching and learning within the classroom but to all decisions at staff and management level, which must have the well-being of the children at their heart.
Democratically-run – parents are viewed as a positive resource for the school. Parental involvement is welcomed and encouraged, where appropriate.
Wexford ETNS Privacy Notice
Please see Wexford Educate Together Privacy Notice as ratified by the BOM in June 2018.